TERMS AND CONDITIONS
At the templating project manager or owner must be on site to explain to our engineer how you would like to have the job done, the finish product will be according to the requirements discussed with surveyor upon templating. At the fitting date it is crucial to be at the property to check and confirm you are 100% satisfied with our work, sign off the fitting sheet and make payment for the balance. Our staff are not authorised to do plumbing, carpentry or electrical work, hence, end- panels, hob and sink wooden support need to arrange by you (the client). Change of requirements will result in change of quote and further site visit will charge at least £100 depends on location. Terms & condition apply
Templating Checklist Terms and Conditions
We require 48 Hours’ notice if you would like to cancel or re-arrange your agreed date for templating or fitting. There will be a charge of £200 if you give us less than 48 Hours’ notice.
1. We need 2 to 3 working days’ notice to book a template, please do not book a template if the kitchen installer has not agreed that they will be finished. Base unit and its end panels along withdecorative fillers need to be fitted. Extractor fan and wall unit needs to be in place. If we are taking measurements for a Splash back. If you have wall units that “sit” on the worktop, please ensure they are fitted to allow sufficient tolerance (+3-4mm) for the worktops to slide in underneath them (or make arrangements for them to be simply removed/refitted flush once the worktops have been installed). Our fitters can assist but will obviously not as professional taking responsibility and it may occur extra charge for any overtime spent in delaying our work.
2. IT is a must that you or responsible person such project manager MUST BE ONSITE during the whole survey to discuss details and confirm requirements with surveyor such joints position (unless restricted), cut-out positions, tap holes, overhangs, up-stands, window sills and pipe boxes should be sited. If there are any additional issues to please advise the templator at this stage, as a return visit is expensive and chargeable.
3. All sinks, taps, hobs and any other appliances that will require cut-outs in the new worktops should be on site, but not necessarily fitted or connected – our templator will want to take away the paper templates provided in their packaging (templator will advise you on cuts need to be done to wooden unit of sink/hob if applicable those cuts and adjustment need to be done by CLIENT) . If you are replacing worktops and wish to re-use your existing sink and hob or any other fitted appliances it is your responsibility to check with your builder/plumber that they can be easily removed/re-fitted without any damage, unless dismantle, disposal, reconnect service ordered it through us. It may be possible to fabricate a chopping board if there is any leftover over material. There is a charge of £100 per chopping board if requested on the templating date or before the slab has been cut. After we cannot guarantee the slab will be available and if available there will be a charge of £200 per chopping board.
4. Walls need to be plastered and squared but do not necessarily have to be tiled. Please advise the templator what you are intending to put on the walls. Obviously if your walls are not straight or flat this may affect the fitting of any upstands and splashbacks. (See point 7 below for additional information on sealing to other surfaces)
5. If you want us to cut-out socket holes in splashbacks or worktop, please advise the surveyor accordingly. Electric points should be fixed or marked at the height you want them. (We recommend allowing a minimum gap of 150mm from the base unit to the electric socket on 30mm worktops).
6. Our worktops are heavy – please advise our templator of any access, parking or other restrictions to the property and whether you can supply the fitters with temporary parking permits on fitting day. If the room is up/downstairs the templator may wish to measure the route to ensure there are no access issues on the day, please allow the templator to visit all required areas. For Health and Safety reasons our installers can not remove their shoes or cover them.
Fitting Checklist Terms and Conditions
1. On fitting day: base units and any breakfast bars/islands must be ready, level and securely fitted. Obviously if your cupboards are not level to begin with your worktops will not be level either.
2. Any existing worktops – temporary or old – and any old tiling needs to have been removed. All sinks, taps, hobs and any other appliances should be on site. If you are planning to re-use your existing sink and hob or any other fitted appliances it is your responsibility to check with your own builder/plumber that they can be easily removed and re-fitted without any damage & they’re ready for installation on fitting day.
3. Our fitters do not undertake plumbing or electrical works and are not certified for this type of work. Please call the office before work commences if you need assistance.
4. Please make sure all the doors below the worktop are removed and drawers have been removed and cupboards are empty – the fitters will need to fix the tops from inside the cupboards. This will also ensure there can be no damage to these items during installation.
5. IMPORTANT: Your base carcass units must be fit-for-purpose and strong enough to support the worktops. Some flat-pack kitchen units are only designed to hold Formica or composite worktops so supporting batons along the back wall and between large span may therefore be required, especially over and/or behind appliances – dishwashers, washing machines, tumble driers, sinks, hobs and any other weak points. This would be exactly the same advice for any solid worktops.
6. Our templator will have advised you of any strengthening work necessary but if he could not see behind your existing cupboards or appliances you must ask your builder to check this.
7. It is an industry standard that worktop fitters only fit worktops. They do not seal to other surfaces. It is the responsibility of your decorator to finish behind upstands/Splashback/etc… with caulk or filler to your preference. Please ask the fitters if you have any questions or would like to have them seal to other surfaces as part of the fit (a charge maybe payable for this).
8. A complete inspection will be carried out ahead of installation and photographs taken by the installers, then on completion another set of photographs will be taken to ensure no damage has been happened as a result of the worktop installation.
9. A sign off form will be produced that will need to be signed stating that you agree that the worktop has been fitted to standard. You can add any comments to the sign off form. A copy of this will be emailed to the you once the installer has returns to our offices along with your final proforma invoice once you have paid your final payment.
10. Finally, the fitters are required to collect your final payment on the day of the fitting – Payment method can be Cash, cheques, BACs & Card payment over the phone 02089924040.
General Trading terms
1.1- Those terms and conditions apply to all transactions between GMT Stone LTD company no: 11045155 of Unit 4A, 158 Dukes Road, London W3 0SL ( “we” and “us”) and the customer (“you”).
1.2- Terms and Conditions changes requires changes to be confirmed by writing by you as authorised agent at our Head Office 0203 608 1948.
1.3- We may record calls for training and monitoring pourposes
2.1- Natural stone products will be subject to natural variations, imperfections and sizes from any sample presented. There will be slight variations in Quartz stone (engineer stones). Unless goods are faulty, we accept no liability for any variances in this respect.
2.2- once product is been cut you are unable to cancel the order and any variation in sample versus actual product, you may inspect the products at our yard in London W3.
2.3- Any change of requirements or variation after site survey/templating been made will be subject to an extra charge, while products need alteration to house the variation result placing your order on hold.Extra charges will be advised to cover the extra material and labouring.
2.4 we allow delays of fitting worktop up to 4 weeks, otherwise, we have the right to charge you 50+VAT weekly as “Storage cost”.
3.1- orders cannot be cancelled after slabs/tiles been cut to your bespoke requirements, unless we are in breach of our obligation to you. Products are our property unless been paid in full subject to agreement.
3.2 Cancellation of an order must be told in writing.
3.3 after site survey and before cut all order is subject to match requirement and if site survey unsatisfactory, we reserve the right to hold £200+VAT before refund deposited to you.
4.1 prices and other charges are in pounds sterling ( GBP) exclusive of VAT. V A T is chargeable and added to each and every order. We reserve rights to revise and amend prices & quotes without notice but we will confirm changes before making you commit or placing the order.
4.2- cheque payee should be made to “GMT Stone Limited”, payment over the phone 0208 9924040/0203608 1948 or bank transfer outside GMT stone bank accounts will be not considered unless confirmed with the office at London W3 0SL.
4.3 A £200 deposit to book for site survey, not refundable after making the journey. 60% deposit is required to order the materials upon the date of templating and balance should be paid at the fitting date.
5.1 our standard lead time is 5 working days, lead time will change if you delay the payments, requirements changes. While lead time depends on number of factors we will confirm your lead time after taking measurements.
5.2 lead time cannot be scheduled unless we have/receive 60% deposit, satisfactory site survey, confirmation of requirements and materials.
5.3 all products remain our property until you pay all the money you owe us.
5.4 late payment subject to interest rate of 4% and all settlement is overdue by 6 months subject to increase reflecting damage to us.
5.5 anyone places order on behalf of limited company agrees to be jointly and separately liable to us.
6- Delivery & installation
6.1 Delivery date is an estimates only. We will endeavour to deliver all goods on the agreed/scheduled date. In the unlikely event that your order is not made available within 30 days of the agreed date you have the option to cancel the order in writing. However, a change of order will change the date of delivery and fitting.
6.2 items out of stock, we will inform you and forward estimate arrival time and date.
6.2.1 delivery only product need to be discussed before making the order. Delivery address may fall outside our coverage area and extra charges will be applied or advised upon making the order. Delivery only product subject to: you or your agent present at the time of delivery otherwise the driver retain the goods and re-delivery is chargeable at the same rate. Items delivered at you consent and left without you been present, we cannot accept responsibility for incorrect delivery or loss of goods or damages of goods.
6.3 in the event of circumstances beyond our control, we shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay.
6.4 any claim you make for faulty or poor workmanship must be notified in writing to us as soon as possible no later than 1 working day. All fitting issue should be highlighted upon fitting while fitters onsite.
6.5 we have the right to repair chips on ceramic or compact surfaces such Dekton, Neolith, Lapitech, Laminam, classic porcelain …etc due to the manufacturing process and the nature of the material.
6.6 we may charge you reasonable costs if there is no defect or defect is not our responsibility, after we make journey or investigate the defect.
6.7 you or authorised person to act on your behalf in regard for your order should be onsite upon templating and fitting, while on installation any problem should be raised immediately to the fitters and cannot be hold responsible or liable for damages occurs during or after installation if you failed to make claim or raise concern.
7.1 if you notify us of a problem, we will either replace the good or refund you for the good in question. Or repair the goods which are defective or damaged.
7.2 We shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than any refund we make under these conditions. Our liability to you shall not in any event include losses related to any business of yours, such as loss of profits or business interruption, neither will we be responsible to you for any other loss which is not a foreseeable consequence of us being in breach of these Terms and Conditions or our legal duties.
7.3 Once you have purchased your ‘man made’ worktop you must register your product with the manufacturer to claim your ‘Warranty’, you must have proof of receipt.
7.4 If you are a consumer, nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or miss described goods or work that is not carried out to a reasonable standard. You should contact your local authority Trading Standards department or Citizens Advice if you need more information about your statutory rights.
7.5 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is it intended to exclude our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
7.6 If you are a trade customer we will not be responsible to you or, in the event that you are undertaking work for another person, to any other person, for the use or installation of any goods by you. Accordingly, if you are a trade customer, you agree to hold us harmless, and indemnify us against any liability associated with, any claim or allegation that we are responsible for any failings in the installation or use of goods that we supply.
8. This agreement is governed by English law and the English courts or by the law of the courts governing where we delivered the goods to if this is outside England or Wales.
Online quote based on average material price; any online quote considered void until the sale team approve it.
Sales team available on 0203 608 1948 or